Terms & Conditions
This website is owned and operated by Gardens and Homes Direct as a business unit of Tradewinds Europe Limited. Registered number 5171743. VAT number: 846760790
1. Free gifts, Offers and Voucher Codes
- Free gifts, offers and voucher codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offers.
- We reserve the right to decline or accept orders where, the voucher used is invalid for the order placed.
- In the event of an order resulting in a refund, the discount amount will be split across the number of goods in that order, and applied to the returned item.
- Voucher codes are only valid on specific items while stocks last, and may be removed at any time.
- Only one voucher code can be used per order.
- Free gifts are subject to availability.
- These terms and conditions govern Gardens and Homes Direct performance relating to the sale and supply of goods to the customer. Gardens and Homes Direct reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time by updating this text page; and the customer is bound by any such modifications or revisions.
3. Contract with customer
- The contract between Gardens and Homes Direct and the customer comes into existence upon Gardens and Homes Direct acceptance of the customer's order i.e. when payment has been received. Gardens and Homes Direct is entitled to withdraw from contracts in the case of obvious typographical or arithmetical inaccuracies appearing on the Gardens and Homes Direct Web site.
- We take payment from your card at the time we receive your order, once we have checked your card details and stock availability. Goods are subject to availability. In the event that we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given where you have already paid for the goods, or a similar, alternative item will be sent instead, at your request.
4. Pricing and Availability
- The prices of the goods are those specified on the Gardens and Homes Direct Website. The price, as displayed, is inclusive of VAT (at the standard UK rate). There will be an additional charge for delivery. Orders are subject to availability. In the unlikely event that the goods are unavailable, the customer will be notified by Email. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
- Prices of goods are subject to special offers and discounted prices. Promotions offering additional reductions cannot be used to further reduce an already discounted item..
5. Delivery of Goods
- Gardens and Homes Direct will deliver the goods ordered to the delivery address supplied by the customer. Availability permitting, all orders paid for by credit card will usually be delivered within 3 to 14 days. Orders paid for by cheque require 3 days for clearance and are then despatched in the same way. Gardens and Homes Direct is entitled to deliver in part. Despatch of goods constitutes fulfilment of contract. For more information on our Delivery policy, please see our Delivery Terms page.
6. Gardens and Homes Direct Warranty
- If the goods delivered are not what the customer ordered, or are of incorrect quantity, or are damaged or defective, Gardens and Homes Direct will, if the customer returns them within a reasonable period, at the customer's option either give a full refund or where possible make good any shortage or non-delivery or replace any damaged or defective goods.
7. Returning an Item
- If your order has arrived damaged, faulty or it's just unwanted, contact us within 14 days of receipt of your order to obtain your Returns Authorisation Number. For any unwanted items that you wish to have returned, please ensure that they're returned in their original packaging and in a re-saleable condition. Please also be aware that you will be liable for the cost of returning unwanted items. Before making arrangements to return any part of your order, we strongly advise that you contact our helpful customer services team beforehand. For more information on our returns policy, please see our Delivery Terms page.
8. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Contracts between Gardens and Homes Direct and the customer will be governed by English Law and all disputes will be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
9. Intellectual Property
- All the information, data, text, graphics, links or computer code published on, contained or available on this website (the "Material") are the copyright of Gardens and Homes Direct. Unauthorised use of the Material including the production, storage, modification, distribution or republication without the prior written consent of Gardens and Homes Direct or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s) is prohibited. The names and logos of Gardens and Homes Direct and all related products and service names, design marks and slogans are the trade names, service marks or trade marks of Gardens and Homes Direct and may not be used without the prior consent of Gardens and Homes Direct.
- Gardens and Homes Direct hereby, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the Material and any goods and services supplied in relation to this website, whether expressed or implied or statutory (including all implied warranties and conditions of the merchant ability and fitness for a particular purpose). In no event that Gardens and Homes Direct be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages whatsoever even if Gardens and Homes Direct has been advised of the possibility of damages including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of this website, interruptions or delays to this website, the provision of or failing to provide services, or for any information, material, goods and services obtain through this website or otherwise arising out of the use of this website, whether based on contract, tort or otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Invalidity of Terms and Conditions
- If for any reason part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable; the validity of the remaining terms and conditions will not be affected.
12. Privacy Statement
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties, you agree that we may disclose your personal information to relevant authorities, parties and or applicable intellectual property rights holders (or their representatives) if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached our Terms and Conditions, or to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and obligations under this agreement.
- We may also use your information to manage your purchases such as sending a confirmatory email, and your card payments for goods you buy from us and also to deliver the goods to you, or we might give your details to our carrier if they deliver on our behalf.
- We may occasionally make our mailing list available to other carefully selected organisations whose products and services may be of interest to you. If you would prefer not to be included in such mailings, please write to our registered address address below.
- We make every effort to ensure that your personal information is stored securely. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, any information that you send to us over the internet is sent at your own risk. Similarly, you are responsible for keeping your login password private and secure. You should contact us immediately if you believe there has been any unauthorised use of your account or your login password has become known to someone else.
- Our site uses 128bit secure encryption to ensure that your personal details remain private. Your credit and debit card payments are processed by PayPal secure online payments facility. We never transmit your card details over the internet as these are entered directly onto the PayPal secure payments facility.
- You have certain rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. You have the right to be told what personal information we hold about you on our database. If you wish to use that right, you should write to us at:
Tradewinds Europe Limited, Registered in England & Wales No 5171743
Tradewinds Europe Limited
78 Chorley New Road
a. Storage and Security
b. Payment Information
c. Access to Data
13. WEEE Directive
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
- Gardens and Homes Direct will offer a WEEE take back scheme of old WEEE items on a like for like basis where an equivalent item has been purchased. Items will only be taken back if the purchase item fulfils the same function as the item to be returned and is of similar size. A charge will be applied to cover any transport costs to collect the item from the end consumer.
- New government regulations called The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations encourages people to arrange collection or recycling of old electrical products, rather than throwing them away.
- Recycling unwanted electrical products is better for the environment. The amount of electrical waste, from hairdryers to washing machines, that is thrown away is increasing by around 5% each year. This means that in one year the amount of electrical waste created in the UK could fill Wembley Stadium 6 times! Over 75% of waste electrical goods end up in landfill, where lead and other toxins contained in electrical goods can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a very harmful effect on the natural habitat, wildlife and also human health. When situated near populated areas these toxins can cause problems to communities as their water and soil is polluted.
- Many of the electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save natural resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending waste electrical goods to landfill.
- When you buy from us we'll recycle your old product for free. Together we can make a difference to the environment. Buy any product from us and we'll recycle your old one for free.
- How do I know if the item falls under this scheme?
- We will inform you at the time of purchase whether the item falls under the free recycling scheme. In addition electrical items are now identified with a crossed out wheeled bin symbol to show they should not be thrown away but returned to the retailer for recycling.
What is WEEE?
Why should waste electrical goods be recycled?
14. Environmental Statement
- We appreciate our customers concerns about sourcing wood and timber from sustainable plantations. All of our wooden products have a full chain of custody certificate and are made from renewable sources.
- So, you can have peace of mind that your purchase does not impact the environment.
- By using this website you accept the terms of this privacy statement, the copyright statement and the terms and conditions on this website.